For the last few months, I’ve not been able to go anywhere without this guy making eyes at me. But now “Dr. Health Piastic Surgery”, which has the most ubiquitous advertising in our area of Qingdao, has a new campaign.
How many differences can you see?
Because the beauty industry loves you. Manufacturing unnecessary and unnatural dissatisfaction and colonizing women’s bodies for profit makes everyone happier.
More on Beauty in China:
- Beauty standards: China vs. the West â€“ define â€œfatâ€ and give three examples
- Colonialismâ€™s new frontier: Western beauty ideals plague China and the world
- Brutal Chinese honesty: â€œfat guy underwearâ€ edition
- Beauty & Young Loveâ€¦ with Chinese characteristics
- White is beautifulâ€¦ (by Jessica!)
- Beauty is all in the eyeâ€¦lid? (by Jessica!)
- ç“œåè„¸ (“melon seed face”)
- å°é¸Ÿä¾äºº (“birdie leaning on a man”)
- Woman, man, or East Asian pop star?
- The Men and the Boys
- On love and being “smart enough” (by Jessica!)
- Beauty (topic)