In the neighbourhood across the street from us:
“Oppose evil cults and diligently study;
Uphold science not superstition”
We met a newly-arrived American the other day. She’s
teaching English studying Chinese at Ocean University. On one of her first days in Qingdao she saw a woman get arrested in a bank for proselytizing (that’s how the Chinese acquaintance who was with her at the time explained it).
She didn’t have any other details, and it could have been one of a number of groups. But the group that stamps these messages on Chinese currency (I received the one below last week) is probably among the top three most-likely-to-get-hauled-off-for-proselytizing-in-China:
For more details about this kind of thing, see:
- Propaganda fight: Evil Chinese Cults vs. the Qingdao Anti Evil Cult Association!
- Evil Chinese cult money in Qingdao
- On our neighbourhood â€œAnti-Evil Cult Warning & Education Propaganda Boardâ€
- In Tianjin, China: evil, scheming, bloodthirsty cults!
- How to combat doomsday cults and other undesirables: China-style
- Eastern Lightning/Church of Almighty God cult: How pervasive are these guys?