From John Lennox, author and Professor in Mathematics and Fellow in Mathematics and Philosophy of Science at Oxford:
Is there anything worth believing in? Oh, ladies and gentlemen– I’m an old man. Let me speak to you directly.
In all my life studying different philosophies and ideas and mathematics for the sheer fun of it, I’ve never come across an idea that remotely touches this one:
“The Word became human, and dwelt among us.”
It’s not every world-class academic who could also make a good Santa. Merry Christmas!
The Posts of Christmas Past:
Christmas in general:
- Ho! Ho! Who? Santa VS. Chinaâ€™s God of Wealth
- Merry Christmas Music 2009!
- Christmas doesnâ€™t have to be Made In China
- åœ£è¯žå¿«ä¹! Merry Christmas! (a Christmas poem for 2007)
Christmas in China:
- Merry Chinese Christmasâ€¦ text message style
- Christmas Essentials for the Black Hole of China
- Have yourself a Chinese little Christmasâ€¦
- Christmas Eve 2009 â€“ Tianjin, China
- Merryâ€¦ something, from Tianjin! :)
- Chinaâ€™s grinches play hardball
- Christmas Eveâ€¦ with Chinese characteristics
- An UnChristmas party in Tianjin
- â€œAnd the 2008 Tianjin Grinch Award goes toâ€¦â€
- è–èª•å¿«æ¨‚! â€“ ShÃ¨ng dÃ n KuÃ i lÃ¨! (Taiwan)
- åœ£è¯žèŠ‚ 2006 Photos (Taiwan)
You can see all our Christmas stuff here.
(P.S. – That’s Merry Christmas 2011, not 2012. Ooohh… someone’s asleep at the switch!)