The video was all taken tonight from our kitchen and living room windows, or from outside right beside our building (turn up your sound!):
From 5:30pm on, there was no moment without the sound of something somewhere blowing up, and it slowly crescendoed to a frenzied peak at midnight, before tapering down to something sleepable by 2am.
Over our apartment (immediately below the burst in the second photo, top floor, corner, building on the right):
Outside our gate, and a New Year’s kiss in the smoke:
Our other Chinese New Year’s stuff:
- The Chinese Santa Claus
- Pun-based Chinese New Year customs
- Spending Chinese New Year with a Chinese family
- The Nian monster is coming! Better get some red underwear!
- Getting kicked when they’re down
- Sharing Chinese New Year’s with the neighbours
- Happy New Year! Congratulations for not being eaten!
- Chinese New Year: a Passover?
- Happy New Year!(Taibei 2006)