For the last few months, I’ve not been able to go anywhere without this guy making eyes at me. But now “Dr. Health Piastic Surgery”, which has the most ubiquitous advertising in our area of Qingdao, has a new campaign.
How many differences can you see?
Because the beauty industry loves you. Manufacturing unnecessary and unnatural dissatisfaction and colonizing women’s bodies for profit makes everyone happier.
More on Beauty in China:
- Beauty standards: China vs. the West – define “fat” and give three examples
- Colonialism’s new frontier: Western beauty ideals plague China and the world
- Brutal Chinese honesty: “fat guy underwear” edition
- Beauty & Young Love… with Chinese characteristics
- White is beautiful… (by Jessica!)
- Beauty is all in the eye…lid? (by Jessica!)
- 瓜子脸 (“melon seed face”)
- 小鸟依人 (“birdie leaning on a man”)
- Woman, man, or East Asian pop star?
- The Men and the Boys
- On love and being “smart enough” (by Jessica!)
- Beauty (topic)