From John Lennox, author and Professor in Mathematics and Fellow in Mathematics and Philosophy of Science at Oxford:
Is there anything worth believing in? Oh, ladies and gentlemen– I’m an old man. Let me speak to you directly.
In all my life studying different philosophies and ideas and mathematics for the sheer fun of it, I’ve never come across an idea that remotely touches this one:
“The Word became human, and dwelt among us.”
It’s not every world-class academic who could also make a good Santa. Merry Christmas!
The Posts of Christmas Past:
Christmas in general:
- Ho! Ho! Who? Santa VS. China’s God of Wealth
- Merry Christmas Music 2009!
- Christmas doesn’t have to be Made In China
- 圣诞快乐! Merry Christmas! (a Christmas poem for 2007)
Christmas in China:
- Merry Chinese Christmas… text message style
- Christmas Essentials for the Black Hole of China
- Have yourself a Chinese little Christmas…
- Christmas Eve 2009 – Tianjin, China
- Merry… something, from Tianjin! :)
- China’s grinches play hardball
- Christmas Eve… with Chinese characteristics
- An UnChristmas party in Tianjin
- “And the 2008 Tianjin Grinch Award goes to…”
- 聖誕快樂! – Shèng dàn Kuài lè! (Taiwan)
- 圣诞节 2006 Photos (Taiwan)
You can see all our Christmas stuff here.
(P.S. – That’s Merry Christmas 2011, not 2012. Ooohh… someone’s asleep at the switch!)